Today I started writing new material for the long-discussed Brigid and Greg novel. I didn’t get a lot done, but given the various 16-ton weights the universe has been throwing in my direction all week, I consider it a victory to be getting anything done at all. I had originally been planning to hold on to this project and do it for NaNoWriMo, but I have recently started to feel like I was spinning my wheels and I want to actually move on something.
There are large chunks of the novel (or at least its first draft) scattered among the already-posted Fictionlets. After stitching together all of those, plus what I wrote today, we now have a progress bar that looks something like this:
That assumes a target length of 70,000 words, although I have no idea if I’m going to end up anywhere in that neighborhood. I certainly don’t expect it to be longer, but I also don’t want it to go shorter than 60,000 either. I’m sure as I get further into it, I’ll get a better idea on what the final product will look like.
Tomorrow I intend to do considerably more on it, including a rather important scene that involves the first meeting of Brigid and Uncle Bob. This oughta be good…